Friday, 13 August 2021

The Essence of Friendship

In a vehicle made of interactions with you, I was brought from a market into a playground.
It was refreshing and healing to see the first worthwhile quality of any human kindness, shine so brightly and profoundly in you. 
💫💫
Where there are no buyers or sellers of propaganda or ideology, there lay safety. 
Where there is compassion, acceptance, and genuine presence, there lay safety.  
Where there is such true involvement or intimacy, there lay safety. 
Because I found safety, I flowered on and on. 
💫💫
You gave me containment as you treated me as part of your heart. 
I am grateful and humbled by your selfless ability to respond to all the unsaid and said needs that you enthusiastically met.
The way you were always caring towards me and kept my best interests at heart, impressed me the most. 
Small things are big things because they touch one so deeply or maybe they were big because you were the first rain on parched ground.
A ground that had not seen such clouds of gentleness in a highly 'motivated' and 'productive' world,
Such a ground cherishes the downpour of liquid love in the form of presence.
Your personality manifested through your actions towards me, as a series of selfless investments; the essence of which I relish in. 
Time has and will always be of essence, you knew it innately.
However, we are wise enough to know when to disregard it, the timing of which is also of essence.   
💫💫
You, a wave, met me, a wave, but did not even realize that you became a part of me, the essence of which expanded me, the essence of which I relish in.
💫💫

No comments:

Post a Comment